Wednesday, June 24, 2009

shocker!

this will be my most controversial post yet, well at least controversial to me because i have never had the guts to admit this stuff even to myself! what if i had no ambition whatsoever? after all those years of learning and working what if i realise i just want to sit at home and be a mummy? is that so bad? in a world where young women are encouraged to be ambitious and be go-getters and climb the corporate ladder etc etc. i know this post would break my poor mother's heart so i will stop. but then again i sometimes think that the fact that i am in a totally wrong field makes me feel like i am unambitious. maybe its time i moved and did what i really want to do. i wish it was that simple....oh life, i think the worst bit is i absolutely have noone to blame but myself. i am caught in a web of my own making and i need to find a way out soon before i suffocate!

3 comments:

Tendayi said...

i think there are as many days as there are options and since there is only 1 you, you have the luxury of these choices. Don't be afraid of change...your poor mother could have wished the same thing..ask her

Kookie said...

I don't know your mother but will draw on my own mother's advice. My mum as much as she is traditional there is one thing she advocates that makes her a modern day feminist without her knowing. She says do what makes you happy especially if you are making yourself responsible for your actions.

I want to be a corporate girl, I have friends who want to be married and homebound as much as they pray for my career I pray for their ambition. You need to stop looking at having children and being a wife as not an ambition and see it as another ambition. Wife and mother are coveted positions where the pay can vary, the work is rewarding and challenging just like some 9-5 work...

If you can't live the life you want now when will you? In death you really have no choice in the matter...

Enchante said...

thanks K
You know what corporate girl is actually my ambition but at this moment i am in a sacrificial stage and i fervently believe it shall be rewarded then i will do what i want to do.

anyway who am i kidding, i wont last a month of housework and diapers!