Monday, July 12, 2010

Untitled

So when we meet, pretend you are doing fine
Pretend that your heart is not broken
Smile and hold your head high
And pretend you are not about to crumble
And that your arms are not aching to hold me
Because that’s what I will do.

So when you see me, pretend I am just another girl
A person you are meeting on the street
Say hi and ask how I am doing
But don’t expect me to tell you the truth
Just nod at whatever I tell you
That I am fabulous and doing great
Though we both know that’s far from the truth.

So when we sit together
Pretend my presence doesn’t affect you
And act like you don’t miss kissing me
And that hearing my voice is just one of these things
Act like the moments we shared didn’t mean that much
For my sake, please do that
As that’s the only way we will get through this

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enchante, i think u are asking too much from yourself and whoever here. am sure u know how hard it is to pretend when your heart tells u otherwise. but anyway, all the best for u and whoever that u pretending with here.

Tendayi said...

uh huh...dude i am so straight and we are family so this stuff-->not possible, henceforth it has to stop now.

but actually i loves it. i know exactly how the protagonist feels. see there's this guy....

Enchante said...

@T Dude you straight for real?????? i could have sworn....Lol

Happens to many people once in a lifetime, or twice etc lol