Tuesday, September 8, 2009

going retro

I am constantly accused of being stuck in the middle ages when it comes to music. I have stubbornly refused to move past the late nineties in my taste of music and the more retro the better. And I will not apologize for it but that’s just who I am. Anyway I was just listening to Keith Sweat one of the tracks he did in the mid-90s and it swung me straight back then. I remember how it was then, when my view of love was defined by the sweet words echoed by the likes of Keith Sweat, Babyface, KCi and Jojo and the youthful Usher back in the day. I remember I would always imagine my “crush” crooning those words to me. I remember how I would walk alone along the jacaranda lined avenue and dreamt, my favourite pastime was daydreaming. During the daydreaming my mind left my body and I was transported to another world altogether where everything went exactly the way I wanted it to be.

well life happened and even though i still listen to my retro music, i pretty much stopped day-dreaming.

0 comments: