Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Far above rubies!

Something interesting happened the other day. One of the interns in my office came up to me and told me something that really caught my attention. She says one of her friends in Law School is always saying she admires me. I mean ME, Enchante! She apparently has all the low down on me, where I work etc. she has seen me at church with my husband and child, she has looked at the way I dress and carry myself. To her I am the epitome of a woman, and she even says she hopes that one day she will turn out like me! And by the way I absolutely have no idea who this young woman is, I have never met her but she knows me. Now let me tell you that really caught me off guard and that really got me thinking. I mean here I am going about my life complaining yet I have all these blessings that God has so generously poured in my hands. I have them in my hands but I am busy trying to shake my hands out so I can reach for stuff that is not even in my quota. It reminds me of what my pastor always says that sometimes you are the only bible that someone ever gets to read and the way you lead your life has that sort of impact on them.

Now believe me, all my insecurities about my weight, my frustrations with my job etc pale in light of the person that I really I am. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I have beauty far above rubies. I love and I am surrounded by love. And its time I remembered the basics and appreciated the life that I have. I am a strong African woman, and I was blessed with a heart that’s big and nurturing. I delight in my child’s laughter and my husband looks at me like I am Eve’s twin, precious and pure. I am blessed to be surrounded by strong beautiful women, my cousins and my friends. And its time I appreciated it more, and celebrated their lives more. I am a princess, a queen, a diva, an angel and I dare anyone to tell me any different!

0 comments: