Friday, November 20, 2009

important "contacts"


A few weeks ago I was so excited about getting contact lenses I still am but this little beloved motherland of mine has just made me throw spears down (he he kukanda mapfumo pasi!) I went up and down, high and low looking for just one optician who would be able to dispense contact lenses for me and guess what noone does. NOONE! I must have been to 6 practices in one afternoon and all of them give me the same line, well we are not doing them at the moment. Come on! How hard can it be? Does noone in Zimbabwe wear contacts? Is there no market whatsoever for this sort of thing? Ah I still cant believe it.

Lucky for me though the last practice I went I was referred to what they called “the best in the field” and guess what it turned out it was my old school mate! So I called him up and he casually said I can come in next week and see him and he can hook me up! Ah to have “contacts” in high places!

0 comments: