Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Of fried chicken and man-braids



So I had this huge, uncontrollable craving for fried chicken today! I swear it was uncontrollable I couldn’t stop myself, so I looked around to see if anyone I know was in the area and I dashed into the fried chicken place. Once or twice I almost chickened out (he he excuse the pun) and almost left before I made the order but that smell of greasy fries and coated chicken kept wooing me. It won of course and I purchased my box and left in a hurry.

So as I am walking back to the office (read sprinting) with my loot, I stop at the traffic lights and I recognize a familiar scent. I swing around to see which lady standing next to me has such exquisite taste in perfume (like me) I get a shocker. Next to me is a dude, no man, gently shaking his braids out of his eyes. I do mean braids not dreads, the proper plaited on ones, neatly done in a short bob style, and he is wearing Elizabeth Arden! I could have excused the perfume (maybe he sprayed his wife’s perfume by mistake, it happens you know, I once walked around all day smiling to myself coz I smelt like my hubby! Ok I digress) and maybe the graceful gait was simply his way of walking ( I deliberately walked behind him to see how he walked) but the man-braids??? Come on! To top it all off he had what suspiciously looked like a wedding band on the appropriate finger on the appropriate hand!

Now before anyone starts judging me for being homophobic, I just think my friend at the traffic light just looked plain funny and too old to be sitting down for hours getting his hair braided. And he made me forget for a while all the shame of the bright red box I clutched in my hand!

p.s the fried chicken and greasy fries were divine, thanks for asking!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hand to God,,, its 2.32am could not sleep because its such a warm night and first thing I wanted was fried chicken, This hasn't helped one iota. huuuumphhh

As for Mr Arden he cleary was not doing things by half measure...the walk,hair and perfume???